Building a stable career in the field of cosmetology and esthetics can be a tough feat because of the boom of professionals, heavy competition and constantly changing trends. However, if you are trained well at a reputed Esthetician School, then it brings you so much closer to achieving your dream.
Here are five tips on what to look for when selecting the right school for esthetics.
1. The school must adequately prepare students for cosmetology licensing exams.
2. Accreditation and affiliation of the school must be from recognized boards. For example, the John
Amico School of Hair Design has the following for its accreditation and affiliation:
AACS – American Association of Cosmetology Schools
Beauty Changes Lives Foundation
Creative Nail Design
Dermalogica® Skin Care
Illinois Association of Cosmetology Schools
International SPA Association
Intercoiffure hair dressing industry
National Accreditation Commission of Career Arts and Sciences
Pivot Point International
Pivot Point LAB by Pivot Point International
3. The esthetics school must also provide business education, communication skills, and
networking along with professional esthetician training, since professionalism, ethics, marketing
and business management skills go hand-in-hand with your cosmetology training for a successful
career as an spa professional.
4. Location of the school, quality of campus and student salon play a vital role in providing
convenience, proper professional training, and hands on experience at their best.
5. If the cosmetology instructors are also active in the industry and the esthetician school is active
in the community, learning becomes contemporary and far more beneficial.
The John Amico School of Hair Design covers all these points as its forte and there is so much more going on there than most schools. They feature beauty shows and guest lectures from renowned professionals around the world that make it even more exciting.
Plan your visit to the John Amico School of Hair Design, today.